Monday, March 26, 2007

Bead Store Trip

Today I made a trip to the local bead store. They did not have exactly what I was looking for, but I picked up some spare needles and a vial of very pretty shimmery moss green seed beads. Afterwards I went to a big box craft store and got some gold and silver jump rings, and separators for a necklace a friend gave me which tangles terribly. They had separators that will match exactly and fix that problem. I was looking for bugle beads really, but came away with something useful nonetheless.

I also started a varicolored gold chevron net necklace. I worked on it for a few hours after I got home, and hope to finish it tomorrow.

I am still looking for resources of ancient beading patterns, especially medieval and the like. It has been much harder than I expected. Even the local library system is coming up empty. There is a book on the history of beads, but I am really looking for the history of what people have Done with beads, including patterns for inspiration.

No comments: