Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Historically Accurate Jewelry

I've been meaning to create a historic jewelry piece for a while. Well, I found this gorgeous portrait of Elizabeth Brydges, Queen Elizabeth's handmaiden, dated 1589. After doing a lot of research, I recreated it!


Something that bugs me about the SCA is that most people are all about being historically accurate down to the hat and shoes, but forget about the jewelry. Historic Reenactors wear no jewelry, wear modern jewelry, or wear indian tribal jewelry no matter what they're wearing. So finally here's a piece of jewelry that actually compliments a person's garb :) (TMI about the SCA?)

3 comments:

Follow The Red Brick Road... said...

I love it! I'm just beginning research into this subject to design a line of historically appropriate jewelry for re-enactors, and would love any tips you can give me.

Gwinna said...

Ask away :)

Anne-Marie said...

I'm very much so interested in this necklace and the historical aspect of it. Would you mind contacting me at amlozier@rogers.com? Thanks